Saturday, July 30, 2011

PFC #9: Dressing in the Heat Wave

Ms. Elle of Fast Food and Fast Fashion is our gracious host for this month's petite fashion challenge. She has asked us to "...create an outfit that accounts for the various environmental factors that plague us in the summer. I want to know how you dress when it's 90 degrees outside and 65 degrees inside."

Now, I always carry a jacket around with me even when it's 100 degrees and counting. I get cold and sneezy very easily, and of course that holds true for the office environment as well...

Jacket: H&M
Dress: BCBG
Floral Scarf: H&M
Purse: Chanel m/l
Shoes: Louboutin Simple 85


My normal work staples include trouser pants, pencil skirts, cute tops/blouses, and sheath dresses. In the summer, I often wear more "fun" dresses that are still conservative enough for 9 to 5. This light yellow dress is cheerful, lightweight, and can be worn for both work and fun.


The dress looks lovely on its own when the weather is scorching outside. I pile on a light blazer and scarf for the AC-blasting office. *I must make a conscious effort not to reach for this blazer because I wear it entirely too much!* I actually don't keep the scarf on my neck, but use it to cover my bare legs because they turn purple and blue and full of goosebumps when it's cold. :D


I adore all the pleated details on this number....


....and adore the nude red soles...


I hope I did ok with this challenge and can't wait to see you ladies' outfits. Please head over to Fast Food and Fast Fashion to see all the entries.

Happy Heat Wave but stay cool! :)

16 comments:

  1. Your outfit is so lovely! The length of your dress is great for work, and I love the shape and pleats on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job for this challenge! The dress is really pretty. You wear yellow so well. I always thought I'd look bad in yellow because I'm Asian, but you've certainly proved that theory wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow! The before and after are both beautiful. Im loving your chanel and CL's, too! so classy :) and the scarf, too... just your entire outfit, lol
    Easy Petite Looks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty color pairings! Chanel and CLs? Can't ever go wrong with that ;)

    PS - The first pic is such a genius way to hide your face! I'm going to steal that sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress...love the pleats, the shape...so perfect for summer. Plus, the scarf and the blazer works wonderfully for this challenge. AMAZING! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the same with scarves at work :)
    **high five** to my fellow Cali girl ;)

    http://preponderance-of-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have it all !!! looks, it-clothes ... amazing !

    have you seen my new post ?
    http://v-fashionwise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love your yellow dress! so pretty! And your yellow Chanel bag is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! Loving the yellow dress and the loubs are lovely! I may have to exchange mine for a 34.5 if I can ever locate the nude color in that size:)

    Wore the yellow talbot shoes yesterday- LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the pleats on the back of your dress! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect! I love the pretty yellow dress, so feminine! I have that same blazer - it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yellow+ Navy=one awesome color combo!Your dress is so freaking cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that yellow color!! I was just telling my husband this morning that this particular shade was my favorite! Hahaha. =P Also, I concur that this is such the cute dress, and I'm loving the blazer and don't mind seeing more of it! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your yellow dress and your Chanellll!!! <3 drools.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color yellow this summer! So fresh and eye catching!

    Courtney,
    I Can Be Many Things

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you so much for you kind comments, ladies <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...