Thursday, April 28, 2011

Petite Fashion Challenge #7: The Little Black Dress

It's my first Petite Fashion Challenge and I'm super excited. I have mentioned in a previous post that my biggest weakness is accessorizing so nothing can be more fitting than this! Jessy of The Little Dust Princess challenged us to "add a pop of colour to your LBD to change up its look and make your dress a little less boring."


Here I am in a plain old black dress...
Looks downright depressing ehh?
Since work is the one place you'll most likely see me in an LBD, I thought I would style it for just that. I started out with a brown belt to cinch the waist and base all my other accessories around it...so pretty much all warm tones...



Jacket: Club Monaco, Size 0
Dress: H & M, Size 4
Lace Pumps: Ann Taylor, Size 5
Belt: Ann Taylor
Necklace: Ann Taylor
Handbag: Louis Vuitton
Who doesn't love a little controversy at work right?? So these playful lacy pumps already got some whispers at the office but I don't care lol. They're oh so comfortable and I get compliments every single time I wear them. Alright, I'm not sure if I did a decent job meeting this challenge or if my dress actually "pops," but I guess it's good enough for work. Now that I look at it, I want to change so many things! I'm not even wearing any rings or bracelets. Just completely forgot. That's how noob I am when it comes to accessorizing. Ok, I shall post sticky notes all over my mirrors to remind myself...


Bye bye lovelies, that's me heading to work. Until the next challenge...

14 comments:

  1. What a cute blazer. I like the different textures and patterns you used.

    www.SkiPetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this outfit! If I saw you walking down the street I'd probably stalk you and ask you where you shopped LOL! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job accessorizing the dress - I especially love that necklace! And those pumps? Super hot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the shoes!! Great job - I like that you picked a very simple dress. There's so much that can be done with it :) Congrats on your first entry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I neeeeed that necklace and belt! Beautiful ensemble! And fantastic blog! xoxo Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh!! I heart your shoes!! I hope the work controversy was the good kind -- cuz really, how can anyone have anything bad to say about these gorgeous pumps!? I love all your accessorizing for this LBD; it's just enough and completely work appropriate. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was coveting these shoes like a madwoman but ultimately decided against them because they didn't suit me + they never went on a good enough sale in my size. They look terrific on you and I love your entire outfit. I sort of thought LBD's are more date night ish but you totally made it look office chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eek! I love that blazer! I coveted those shoes when they were in stores, but Ann Taylor shoes don't fit me well...so I had to pass. I'll just live vicariously through you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that blazer too! Reddish tweed! I hardly ever see that color in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great outfit, work appropriate with a little punch. LOL. I hope they say good things about you for that little controversy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great work-to-date outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you everyone :) i wear a 4.5 but these lace pumps run a lot smaller than the perfect pumps. with a couple of foot petals, they turn out to be ok :)

    most of the "controversy" was good...but a couple of people did say they're too sexy for the office hehe. but they're only SHOES...not like i wear sexy outfits or anything lol...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute pumps! I have very similar ones. This is one of my fave looks outta the bunch. You did a great job!!! Thank you for participating! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...