Monday, May 2, 2011

Scalloped Skirt

Scalloped-anything is a hot hot trend this season and I can see why. Its youthful appearance combined with feminine design add the perfect touch of girliness to any spring/summer outfit. I have been drawn to these round edges long before I knew they were coined "scalloped." Although my perfect pair of scalloped shorts have yet to be found, I was able to acquire a few other pieces along the way...

Top: LOFT, PXXS
Skirt: Forever 21, S (buy)
Shoes: Chinese Laundry
Clutch: Juicy Couture (similar)
Necklace: eBay; Ring: Amrita Singh (buy) & Forever 21 (similar); Bangles: H&M
Manicure: Essie, Guchi Muchi Puchi (buy); Pedicure: Essie, Haute As Hello (buy)

I saw this orange skirt at Forever 21 and instantly fell in love. I have a thing for cute, adorable pieces... hence my closet holds much more "fun" clothes than "work" clothes. Size small is still a bit big on me so I wouldn't recommend it for any petite ladies smaller than I am.


Although I'm not afraid of colorful clothing (as long as it's not toooo colorful), I have never thought of myself as a vibrant accessorizer (yeah...made-up word). I got sucked into the Amrita Singh hype and ordered a few pieces off her collection. This honey gold ring is one of them. At $10 after discount, it's really a steal!



I am an avid eBay shopper and have been for years. I used to be able to find really good deals but it seems like everything is getting more expensive these days, even on eBay. But once in a while, I still score some amazing deals...such as this coral and citrine necklace. I bought it for a whopping $1.50! LOVE.


By the way, it is quite difficult to pose for pictures without showing one's face. Every time I request a "full body but no face" photo like the first one in this series, my bf calls it the "emo" pose lol.


I think by now, you probably know that I live for warm weather. Ladies, what are some of your favorite trends when it comes to dressing for spring/summer?

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love a scalloped hemline! Must own a piece of my own soon :)

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    Follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your skirt this one? If so, I'm supposed to receive mine soon. We might be potential skirt twins :D I believe I'm bigger than you, so crossing my fingers that it won't be uber short on me.

    I love the colors you're wearing in this outfit. So summery. Emo pose sounds like something my bf would say, so I take my own photos, albeit kinda crappy ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BBB - thank you :) scalloped anything is so cute, right?

    Cee - yes, that's the one! yikes i think the length will be really short on you then because you're a couple of inches taller. can't really tell from these pictures but the waist was at least half an inch too big for me. can't wait to see how you wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Those red scalloped shorts are so freaking hot! The scalloped edge + red = LOVE!

    I also really adore your ruffled top the color is gorgeous.

    Chanel, Chanel, Chanel what else is there to talk about? Hahaha we also talked about our husbands mutual obsession with the military channel and this whole time I thought only my husband knew what that channel was. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving scallop details this season...this skirt and its color are both gorgeous on you! Just followed you :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is oh so pretty! I didn't even know F21 had scalloped items - I thought it was just a H&M thing. Looks perfect on you and I especially like the clutch you paired with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure I can get behind the trend of scalloped shorts, but this skirt I can definitely wear. Two spring trends in one! Scalloped and coral!

    seven-percentsolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa: i would have loved to join in that Chanel talk lol...

    Katherine: thank you. i love your post about comfy flats, i'll waiting to buy a pair when they go on sale :)

    SPG: i think scalloped items is everywhere this season hehe. i hope i don't overdose and get sick of them :P

    aki!: thanks for stopping by :) i've seen some really cute scalloped shorts but no longer availabe to buy :( some are made better than others...i've seen some not-so-flattering pairs too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this skirt online but didn't like it in person. I am so impressed you made it work because the fit was really off on me. Seeing it on you makes me regret not getting it when it was available but it's really really adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Elle :) it's back in stock now hehe ;) when I first tried it on, I didn't love it either. the waist is definitely roomy & hips are too wide. since it's a casual item, i thought it would be ok to keep. however, you have a tiny tiny waist so i can see why it wouldn't look right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how lovely of a skirt! I love the shape, the length and the color. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...